The best marketing strategy anyone can ever come up with is to be a person.
Seriously. Just be a person.
Don’t be a *bot* that just sends out your book link with a little something thrown in for flavor now and again.
THE ONLY WAY TO STAND APART IN A SEA OF AUTHORS IS TO BE A PERSON.
How can you do this? Well, one very very simple way is to list things about yourself.
My name is AnnMarie
1. I am 26 years old and my birthday is in April.
2. I am one of six children. I have three brothers and two sisters. I am the second to youngest.
3. I have lived most of my life in Colorado except for an 18 month stretch I moved to Delaware to be closer to my sister.
4. My husband was one of my older brothers friends. Yeah, that was fun 😛 I also thought he was a huge jerk when I was younger. (I should have listened to my younger, smarter self!
5. I.Love.Music. I can’t clean without it blaring!
6. I grew up out in the country. It wasn’t really a farm, but we had rabbits, chickens, dogs and cats. We also had a HUGE garden, tons of trees, and lots and lots to mow. With a hand push lawnmower o.O
7. I’ve only pulled an *all-nighter* when I was hanging out with good friends. Never for something as serious as studying 😛
8. I don’t really drink soda, but can COMPLETELY taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke. I can’t stand Coke. I also love Mountain Dew. Mostly when I was younger though, as I can’t really stomach that much sugar anymore.
9. My ring finger “size” is a 3. Seriously. For those of you not savvy on ring sizes, it is probably smaller than your average 8 year old’s ring size.
10. I can wiggle my ears (without touching them…obviously).
11. I have been to Mexico, Germany, Italy, Prague, and France.
12. I am a complete “night owl” and do NOT enjoy mornings. At all.
13. I was a competitive Irish Dancer and a Figure Skater as a teen. Wasn’t awesome at either, but it was fun!
14. I love soccer. It is the only sport I will play or watch. My husband is a sports fanatic…except he doesn’t like soccer. Go figure! (He even watches GOLF!!)
15. I have never broken a bone.
16. Finding Nemo (the Disney movie) is awesome. It really is, you should watch it.
17. My favorite subject in school was English (especially reading/writing). I hate math. Or math hates me; one of them.
18. I learned how to drive a stick shift before I got my license.
19. I never really knew any of my grandparents. One of them even died before I was born.
20. I have four girls. Three biological and one adopted step-daughter.
21. I have two cats.
22. I am a Google fanatic and research EVERYTHING.
23. When I was younger I loved to climb trees and dig holes that were turned into “club-houses”.
24. I have blue eyes and blond hair. I dye my hair blond because it has gotten darker as I have gotten older. (Hey, I have to warn the world I’m coming!)
25. I can’t sleep unless I am on my side with a pillow between my legs.
Connect with me:
See what I mean? Now you *know* me. The next time I send a tweet or post to FaceBook I’m going to be the crazy blond who only sleeps on her side.
I’ll stand out!
THAT my friends is the goal.
Do you want a link you can send out listing 25 things about you?
It really will make all the difference in the world! (Remember, you can link to it forever and send it out as much as you like. PLUS anyone who visits my site will be able to find it as well)